Tuesday, April 9, 2019

Six Hours One Friday by Max Lucado


     I don't usually read more than one book at a time but, I have to admit, that is what I'm doing right now.  I was looking for something to help me prepare for the Easter season when I came across these books by Max Lucado.  I thought Six Hours One Friday sounded very insightful, informative, and personal, so I decided to buy it. Then I saw the other two and got them all at the same time.
     When I was little, and a terrible reader who was constantly struggling to make sense of reading, I would pick a book according to how long it was. The shorter, the better!  So I had to laugh at myself when I evaluated the summaries and was trying to decide which one to read first. And do you know what I did? I picked the skinniest one. He Did this Just for You.  It was incredible!  It is only 64 pages. This, combined with the easy layout, make it easy to read.  There is so much clarity that I am going to have to read it again. It addresses the details of the pain and suffering Jesus endured, even before being crucified, just for me. He addresses a few things I haven't considered before. I strongly recommend it.
     On Calvary's Hill is divided into 40 reading leading up to Easter.  The author has the incredible ability to paint a picture with his words. The details of the events are so real. And with the detail, he includes some very deep insight. This is another excellent book for this time of year, or really, anytime.
     Six Hours One Friday is being offered as an online Bible study right now. I signed up for that too. Though I'm not able to join the discussion due to the time conflicting with school time, I'm hoping to gain some insight from other people who are actually meeting online sharing their thoughts and ideas. There is a Facebook page I've joined to participate in the discussion.
     Be sure to read at least one of these if you are looking for this kind of book. As I said in the beginning, I don't usually read more than one book at a time, or recommend that others do it, but in this case, I have to say I am really gaining a lot of insight as I grow closer to the one who called me close.








No comments:

Post a Comment